Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Winter finally put in an appearance

After being AWOL since last year, winter finally showed up in the form of a few inches of soft, powdery snow. The last morning in February was the kind of snowy morning I love: still, peaceful, not too cold, with snow falling softly and transforming the sad, scraggly winter garden into a wonderland. Too bad I had to go to work. I did take a few minutes to snap some pictures, since the way this year is going, this could be our only real snowfall. I'm glad I got those pics, because the snow was mostly gone by the time I got home that afternoon, the snow was mostly gone. Beauty is so often transitory, especially in a garden.

Near the front door:








Front side yard:











The pond! Part of my motivation for building a pond was the thought of seeing it surrounded by snow. And here it is:







Looking toward the potager:



This post is backdated, because as usual I didn't get around to posting the pictures in a timely manner. It's now March 9, the snow is gone, and the temp today is supposed to be pushing 60. What lovely gardening weather! Too bad I have to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment