Pages

Friday, June 30, 2017

Scenes from a summer garden--last week

I’m trying to keep a photo record of my garden, partly because it’s fun to see changes over time and partly so I can see what to add or change to make it look good year-round. (Note to self: mid-May to mid-June was kind of boring--need more stuff that blooms). The problem is, I get so busy with gardening and work (work=that thing I do to pay for my gardening habit) that I forget to take pictures. So last week I was very proud of myself. I went out before work last Thursday and took lots of pictures. And then forgot to upload them for, like, a week. *sigh*

Better late than never, here they are. This was my garden as of June 22, 2017:

Front and side garden

 Canterbury bells:

Yellow rose: 

Front entry area:



Side garden along the driveway:



First daylily blooms of the season:

Pansies and larkspur and a few other things:

The pond plus the new bed I just built next to it: 

The Vegetable Garden

Tomatoes and basil in containers along the south-facing front of the house, i.e. my desperate attempt to get tomatoes to ripen on the vine instead of in my spare bedroom.

Snow peas climbing the yard art I use to (badly) disguise the ugly satellite dish pole in the middle of my potager:

Fennel that wintered over, plus cilantro, cabbage, and radishes:

Lettuce about to bolt, lovage, and chard:

Beans and potatoes:

No comments:

Post a Comment